When you live in Temecula, a durable and efficient AC to cool off in the summer season is something you simply can’t do without. Still, deciding on a good air conditioning brand for your home is not easy given the vast number of viable options to choose from for Temecula air conditioning.
So, what are the best AC brands of 2020? To answer this question and help you decide, we’ve compiled a list of factors to consider when choosing an AC brand:
- Durability: unless you want to spend more on HVAC repair than for the unit itself, you need to look for a durable AC system.
- Efficiency: when choosing your AC, you want to consider its seasonal energy efficiency ratio, i.e. its SEER rating. The higher the SEER, the more you can save on your energy bill. In general, you should look for SEER ratings of 15 or greater.
- Components: most AC brands use universal internal components manufactured by the same companies, such as Copeland, Emerson and Carlyle. However, you should keep in mind that some brands use proprietary parts which can be more difficult to obtain and replace.
- Warranties: good warranties will save you money over time. Top brands have general parts warranties of at least 10 years on average, while some even offer lifetime warranties.
- Good installers: premature failure of AC components is most often caused by improper installation so make sure to find a proven company for AC installation near you no matter which brand you choose.
So, which AC brands are the best? Whether you need a central AC system for Temecula air conditioning or a ductless mini-split, the five brands which follow combine all mentioned traits to give you the best performance, efficiency and durability.
Lennox: highly efficient central AC systems for Temecula air conditioning
If efficiency is what you’re looking for, Lennox is your best choice. Known for the most efficient central AC systems on the market, Lennox remains one of the biggest names in the industry.
- Efficiency: the SEER ratings of Lennox central AC units range from 13 and all the way to 26, which is the highest rating on the market.
- Durability: Lennox AC systems are highly durable and can withstand the elements. The units are built from galvanized steel and a zinc-coated steel base.
- Components and installation: because Lennox units are so efficient, they can be expensive to install. Moreover, the brand mostly uses proprietary parts which can be hard to get and are not necessarily more durable than other common internal components.
- Warranty: most Lennox systems come with a 10-year warranty which covers the compressor and most components. However, when compared to the lifetime warranties some other brands offer, this can be seen as a disadvantage.
Daikin: exceptional ductless systems in Temecula
As one of the world’s largest air conditioning manufacturers, Daikin bought Goodman to develop products for the North American market. The brand also boasts a range of highly efficient ductless heating and cooling systems under the name of Daikin.
- Efficiency: Daikin efficient ductless mini-splits have SEER ratings ranging from 15 to 26.1 and use inverter technology to further reduce energy consumption.
- Components and installation: both Goodman and Daikin use quality and environmentally friendly parts which are easy to find. Their compact mini-split units are easy to install and are great for residences with limited space.
- Warranty: Daikin offers 12-year parts and compressor warranty for most of its models.
- Value: Ductless systems are a preferred option for smaller living areas where installing ductwork would not be feasible. Since no expensive ductwork installation is needed, getting a mini-split for your home will save you some money in comparison to central AC units.
Rheem: durable AC models with great special features
Next up is Rheem. This popular brand boasts great energy-efficient and fault detection features, but unfortunately falls short in terms of efficiency when compared with other brands. On the other hand, Rheem AC units are quite durable if installed properly.
- Efficiency: Rheem makes six central AC models with the average SEER rating of 17.1 which is still above the industry average, but lower than Lennox and Goodman.
- Components and durability: Rheem uses many of the same quality components other brands use, but their coils are more prone to freezing up and can be difficult to clean due to their “zig-zag” configuration.
- Warranty: Rheem offers a 10-year parts and unit replacement warranty if you register your unit within 60 days. There is no lifetime warranty.
Goodman: affordable AC systems with a lifetime warranty for Temecula residents
As we’ve already mentioned, Goodman is owned by Daikin and the range this brand offers is naturally similar to that of its parent company. If you’re searching for a brand which is affordable, but still manufactures great quality equipment, you can’t go wrong with Goodman AC units.
- Efficiency: Goodman provides five air conditioner models from 14 to 19 SEER with single-stage and two-stage compressors.
- Components: this brand uses many universal parts, including one of the most popular compressors on the market, the Ultratech. Same as Daikin, the Goodman brand uses proprietary coils which can sometimes lack in durability.
- Warranty: Goodman offers a lifetime compressor warranty for many models and a 10-year unit replacement and parts warranty.
- Special features: the brand uses a new communicating technology called ComfortBridge which can improve efficiency and performance of the unit by using algorithms.
Mitsubishi Electric: AC units with high-quality components
Mitsubishi Electric has a sizeable selection of air conditioners ranging from ducted air conditioning systems to ductless mini-splits which boast easy installation and ultra quiet operation.
- Efficiency: While Mitsubishi’s central systems have average efficiency ratings, their most efficient ductless mini-split holds a SEER rating of 26.10, one of the highest in the industry and well above the US standard.
- Components: Mitsubishi uses high-quality durable components which are environmentally friendly.
- Warranty: the brand offers a 12-year parts warranty and 12-year compressor warranty for ductless and a 5-year parts warranty for ducted systems.
So which AC brand should you choose?
Each of the five showcased brands has something that sets it apart. If you need something that’s affordable yet high-quality, go with Goodman, or count on Rheem to give you great special features. If you need maximum efficiency, Lennox won’t let you down, while Daikin and Mitsubishi will provide you with outstanding mini-splits if you don’t want to bother with ductwork. Temecula air conditioning excels with any of these brands.
No matter which brand you choose, you need to hire a quality installation service if you want to ensure an optimal lifespan for your AC unit. Luckily, you can rely on Action AC to render second-to-none HVAC installation services and AC repair Temecula counts on. Reach out to us today!