Does the fate of rooftop solar hang in the balance as recent news reports have led consumers to believe?
Absolutely not. Solar is growing and will continue to grow even if changes to the incentive program are made.
Everyone understands that switching to solar is the only way to ensure future generations will inherit a healthy planet. What is less commonly understood is that investing in solar will remain the financially smart decision as well as the environmentally sound one. Long term cost savings remain a certainty, regardless of whether incentives are adjusted with the sunset of the Net Energy Metering program.
Here are six reasons why going solar still makes 100 percent good sense.
- Solar is a home investment that retains its value. The amount you spend on solar is the amount of value you add to your property. This has a multiplying effect on your money because you reduce your electrical bill and you increase the value of your home. Plus, home solar systems are highly durable. Unlike other home improvements that begin losing value as soon as they are made, solar retains its worth. In the San Diego and San Marcos area, Action Air is the choice for solar installation.
- Doing the right thing for the environment is the right thing to do. The sun offers an endless supply of clean energy that’s ripe for the taking. And in sunny San Diego, there’s plenty of it. Burning coal for electricity, on the other hand, plagues the atmosphere with pollutants and puts humans on the fast track toward extinction. Power plants are the United States’ single largest source of air pollution, accounting for 40 percent of our national carbon footprint.
- Solar will save you money every month. In the coming year, terms could change for net energy metering, the program through which solar customers are paid retail electrical rates for the energy they produce to be resold by San Diego Gas & Electric. Though new terms for payment of extra electricity production haven’t been inked, solar customers will continue to enjoy a hefty savings on their electrical bills.
- The future lies in solar. In October 2015, California Governor Jerry Brown signed a law mandating the state to produce 50 percent of its energy from renewable sources by 2030. With an ambitious plan like that in place, local, county and state governments have no other option but to support solar. People who invest in solar now will be ahead of the curve and ready to receive any future incentives driven by the new law.
- Fossil fuel costs are volatile; solar is stable. The cost of fossil fuels like coal and natural gas are prone to substantial price swings. The price of coal, for example, shot up in 2007 and 2008. Solar electrical systems, in contrast, require an upfront cost, but operate on free fuel once installed. Action Air offers free consultations for rooftop solar systems, and prides itself on connecting customers to cost-friendly solutions.
- Solar electricity is drought friendly. Coal, natural gas and nuclear power depend on large amounts of water for cooling. Limited water availability during a severe drought or heat wave can impair electricity generation or affect its price. Solar photovoltaic systems require no water and they can help reduce impacts of water scarcity.
Thousands of homeowners are already enjoying the benefits of clean, affordable solar energy from Action Air Conditioning, Heating and Solar. Don’t you want to be next? Submit your contact information for a FREE QUOTE online or call our solar experts today at 800-400-4152.
About: Action Air Founded in 1975, is a leading air conditioning, heating, and solar provider and service company. Owned and operated in San Marcos, CA and is dedicated to helping customers ‘get comfortable’ and reduce their net facility energy costs. With over 40 years of experience, Action Air specializes in educating home owners and commercial operations how to maximize their environmental comfort with HVAC and solar.