Staying warm and cozy throughout winter is a top priority for many homeowners. In order to ensure comfort, however, it is necessary to have an efficient, well-maintained heating system that won’t break down when you need it the most. Luckily, you can make sure your furnace stays in top shape throughout the colder months with routine maintenance and servicing.
But is it a good idea to invest in a furnace maintenance plan? What benefits do air conditioning and heating companies offer to customers who join their maintenance club?
If you’re wondering if signing up for a furnace maintenance plan is the best choice for the comfort of your home in Temecula, CA, keep on reading.
Are furnace service plans worth it?
Being a maintenance club member with a reputable HVAC company can bring a variety of perks for homeowners. These may include:
- Money savings: many HVAC companies offer tune-up programs that cost less than a one-time maintenance service. What’s more, these programs usually include maintenance for both your furnace and your AC, ensuring your comfort all year long.
- Timely tune-ups: if you join a maintenance program, you won’t have to worry about scheduling your yearly tune-ups. Instead, your HVAC experts of choice will send you regular reminders and always be on time for your scheduled maintenance appointments.
- Protected warranties: whether your furnace is brand new or old but still under warranty, routine yearly maintenance is usually required to keep the manufacturer’s warranty intact. If you want to prevent a lapse of coverage, joining a maintenance program is the way to go.
- Priority servicing: being a maintenance club member will enable you to be first in line for all routine and emergency servicing. This means that your furnace tune-ups will be prioritized during peak season. No hassle, no waiting!
- Special discounts: most HVAC contractors offer fantastic discounts for their rewards club members. Join a maintenance club and enjoy special deals for emergency furnace repairs, replacement parts, and other services.
What kind of maintenance does a furnace need?
Furnace tune-ups involve a variety of tasks designed to inspect, adjust, clean, and/or lubricate the essential components of the system, as needed. Some of these tasks include:
- Inspecting and removing blockages from air intake grilles and vents
- Inspecting the heat exchanger for corrosion and other signs of damage
- Checking the blower and removing dirt and debris
- Examining and testing the blower motor
- Checking the wiring and replacing or tightening damaged connections as needed
- TInspecting the flame sensor and burner
- Inspecting and calibrating the thermostat
- Lubricating all furnace moving parts
- Checking, cleaning, and/or replacing the air filter
- Inspecting and testing safety controls
The exact furnace tune-up checklist will depend on the type of furnace you own. For instance, if you have a gas furnace, your HVAC technician will probably perform some additional tasks, such as inspecting the fuel lines to detect potential leaks, testing gas pressure and the pilot light, examining the thermocouple, etc.
Is yearly furnace maintenance necessary?
Just like any other device, your furnace needs regular maintenance in order to work optimally. Still, many homeowners are reluctant to invest in yearly maintenance plans, especially if their furnaces seem to be working just fine. However, by skipping yearly maintenance, you risk decreased efficiency and reliability of your heating system, even if it is brand new.
Unmaintained furnaces tend to experience greater effects of wear and tear, more frequent repairs, and decreased longevity than those who receive routine furnace check-ups and tune-ups. By joining a furnace maintenance program, you’ll avoid higher energy bills, expensive repairs, and impaired comfort levels in your home. On top of that, you may also risk losing warranty coverage due to neglect.
What is the best choice among heating and air conditioning repair companies in Temecula, CA?
Action Air Conditioning, Heating & Air is your go-to pick if you’re looking for a dependable and dedicated HVAC company in Temecula and across Riverside County. Our team is here to help whether you need us to inspect your furnace heating element, replace your AC in winter, or advise you on the best temperatures for your AC during the colder months. Our vast