As the colder months start approaching, homeowners stop relying on their air conditioners and begin worrying about their furnaces. “What if my furnace breaks down?”; “How do I know if I should replace my furnace?”
These are just some of the worries homeowners have when it comes to preparing for the winter and they are completely understandable. A properly functioning furnace is a must if you want to stay warm and comfortable when the winter temperatures start to set in.
Luckily, you can forget about your furnace worries if you reach out to the finest furnace repair in Escondido. The seasoned technicians at Action Air Conditioning, Heating & Solar will use all the latest tools and techniques to repair or replace your furnace. What’s more, they’ll give you invaluable advice on improving the efficiency of your furnace as well as any other information you may need.
How long do furnaces last on average?
A typical furnace model should last you anywhere between 15 and 30 years. Naturally, not all furnaces will stop working after being used for 15 years, especially if you invest in regular maintenance, but the age of your furnace can definitely help you determine whether you should have the unit repaired if it gives you trouble or seek a replacement.
However, many homeowners are not aware of the age of their furnace. If that’s the case, you should try to find the serial number on your furnace and reach out to a dependable HVAC expert to tell you the manufacturing date. If the unit is older than 15 years, you should carefully consider whether you want to keep spending money on repairs or have a new high-quality furnace installed in your home.
How do you know if your furnace is dying?
Worried that your furnace may stop working when you need it the most? Here are some warning signs which may indicate that your furnace is approaching the end of its lifespan:
- You’ve had your furnace for more than 15 years. If your furnace has exceeded the average lifespan, it’s likely that you’ll have to consider a replacement. Your best route would be to contact an HVAC professional to help you decide.
- You notice higher utility bills. Are you scared to open the envelope when your bills arrive? Significantly higher bills may indicate a drop in the efficiency of your furnace which causes it to use up more electricity than usual.
- Your furnace needed frequent repairs. If your furnace keeps breaking down, you should consider replacing it. What’s more, constantly having to repair your furnace is likely to cost you more than purchasing a new one.
- The furnace is inconsistent in heating your home. A furnace in good condition should have no trouble keeping your home comfortable. If you notice that it’s struggling to keep all the rooms equally warm, you may have to replace it.
- You notice a yellow burner flame. If the burner flame is yellow or orange instead of blue, your furnace may be having a combustion problem that should be looked at by a professional HVAC technician.
- The furnace is producing strange sounds. Weird noises are never a good sign. Old furnaces often make banging, squealing or rattling noises, so make sure to keep an ear out.
The foremost furnace repair in Escondido will help you prepare for winter
We can’t stress this enough – regular maintenance of your heating and cooling systems is the only surefire way to ensure a long lifespan and proper functioning. And if it’s already too late for your furnace, replacing it may be your best option if you want to save money in the long run.
So, why wait? Reach out to Action Air Conditioning, Heating & Solar today and have our seasoned technicians take a look at your furnace. Depending on its condition, they will repair or replace your furnace with unequaled efficiency and skill, allowing you to forget about your heating worries and take your family to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Get in touch with us today!