As you likely already know, there are a number of ways solar can be installed. Although no solar installation is a bad installation, there are things to consider to make sure you are getting the best solar system for your home or business.
Why Install a Roof-Mounted Solar System
You should install a roof-mounted solar system if most of these conditions are true:
- You have a southern facing roof with good sun exposure
- Your roof is largely free of obstructions
- Your roof is in good condition
- You don’t mind the look of solar panels on your house
- You want the added security of having your panels out of reach on your roof
- You have small children and don’t want to risk them coming into contact with electrical wires
Why Install a Ground-Mounted Solar System
You should install a ground-mounted solar system if most of these conditions are true:
- You have plenty of available land
- Your roof is unusually shaped and does not allow you to maximize your solar capabilities
- You get a lot of snow in your area (not much of a problem here in Southern California!)
- Your roof does not have good southern or western exposure
- You roof is shaded by trees
- You want the ability to adjust your panels seasonally to maximize solar potential
Want to Learn More About Solar?
No matter what your need or preference, rest assured that Action Air Conditioning, Heating & Solar can meet your needs. We have performed hundreds of solar installations throughout the San Diego, CA area, including roof-mounted systems, ground-mounted systems, and everything in between. Contact us today for a FREE solar evaluation.