If your old furnace doesn’t heat your home as effectively as it used to, you’re probably on the lookout for a suitable replacement. However, choosing a new furnace can get a bit confusing if you don’t know precisely what to look for.
Luckily, we’ve compiled a set of tips and tricks to help you choose a new furnace that will keep your home perfectly cozy during the colder months of the year. What’s more, the experts at Action AC can also help you by rendering the best Temecula heating repair service if your furnace won’t turn on or is malfunctioning in any other way.
Read on to learn how to approach choosing a new furnace!
What are the different types of furnaces?
Before you decide on the model of your new furnace, you should first learn about all the different furnace kinds that are available on the market. They come in four main types:
- Gas furnaces are the most common heating option in American households. They are relatively low-cost, highly efficient, and heat evenly.
- Oil furnaces are often used by homeowners who don’t have access to natural gas. Typically, they are less efficient than natural gas furnaces but cost significantly less.
- Electric furnaces tend to be smaller than other types which may be a plus if you don’t have much space. They are much cheaper to purchase upfront but are significantly less efficient than other furnace types.
- Propane furnaces are a good option for homeowners who don’t have access to oil and gas. They are more efficient than oil and electric furnaces and have a long lifespan.
What is the best kind of furnace to buy?
Which type of furnace you pick for your home will largely depend on your heating needs, your budget, and your location. Here’s what you should also think about when shopping for furnaces.
Pick the correct size
In order for your furnace to heat your home effectively, you will have to get a furnace that’s just the right size. As the size of the furnace can depend on a great number of factors, it’s best to leave the task to experienced HVAC professionals.
Make sure to browse the web and read customer reviews for different furnaces. You can also reach out to HVAC experts and get insight from them too. They will consider your heating needs and tell you which type and model of furnace will be the right choice for you.
Consider your location
Since certain types of furnaces are dependent on different energy sources that may not be readily available everywhere, your location may determine your furnace options. For instance, oil furnaces are found most commonly in the northeastern part of the U.S., while gas furnaces are a better option in other areas.
Which is better, gas furnace or electric furnace?
When choosing between a gas furnace and an electric furnace, there are several factors you should take into account. Each option has its pros and cons that you should consider before making the decision.
Natural gas furnaces:
- Use cheaper fuel;
- Have higher efficiency ratings;
- Last up to 20 years;
- Are more expensive and challenging to install;
- Need regular maintenance;
- Make quite a bit of noise;
- Aren’t the best in terms of safety.
- Are easier and cheaper to install;
- Don’t need much maintenance;
- Are safer and less noisy;
- Last up to 30 years;
- Use more expensive fuel;
- Are much less efficient.
Your favorite Temecula heating repair service
In most cases, it is best to seek professional help when deciding on the best heating option for your home. Wouldn’t you rather spend your free time relaxing at Lake Skinner than worrying about picking the wrong furnace? Depending on experienced HVAC technicians will save you a lot of trouble and you’ll have your peace of mind knowing that your new furnace is just the right choice for your needs.
At Action AC, we boast a team of seasoned HVAC professionals who know all the ins and outs of residential heating systems. Count on them to share their vast knowledge with you, whether you need help resetting your furnace correctly or want to know which heating systems are the most efficient. Give us a call today!