Duct Sealing in San Diego and Southern Riverside County, CA
Air conditioner efficiency can be influenced in several ways: SEER, system size, thermostat setting and more. Although these all influence the efficiency of your air conditioning unit, your ductwork ultimately decides the efficiency of your home’s cooling system.
No matter how efficiency your HVAC system is, if you have leaky ducts, much of that efficiency is being thrown away in the form of escaped air. A well-sealed duct system will provide maximum energy efficiency for your home’s heating and cooling systems.
If you suspect your home’s duct system is leaking, call Action Air today. We offer comprehensive duct inspection and duct sealing services designed to stop costly air leaks and save you money.
Benefits of Duct Sealing
There are several advantages to duct sealing, including:
- Improved energy savings – air leaking from your air ducts can have a significant negative impact on even the most efficient HVAC systems. Air duct sealing will eliminate this air loss and the corresponding energy loss – lowering your energy consumption and your power bills. If you are upgrading your HVAC system, having your ducts sealed first may allow you to install a smaller system, increasing your savings.
- Improved indoor air quality – duct sealing not only improves the efficiency of your HVAC system, it can also improve your indoor air quality by keeping contaminants from entering your heating and cooling system. This is beneficial for everyone, but especially for those who suffer from allergies or asthma.
- Improved safety – if you have gas appliances in your home, duct sealing can improve the overall safety. Typically, exhaust from gas appliances is directed out of the home, but if you have leaky ducts, the exhaust can be fed right back into the house. Sealing your ducts can minimize the chances of this happening – creating a safer and healthy environment for your family.
- Improved comfort – since duct sealing improves the efficiency of your HVAC system, you will notice the rooms in your home are heated and cooled more evenly than they were before.
How Do I Know If My Ducts Are Leaking?
Duct work is generally hidden behind walls, in crawl spaces or in attics, so it can be difficult to see, much less tell if they are leaking. There are, however, a few things you can check for to determine if you need duct sealing:
- Some rooms in your home are hotter or colder than others
- Your heating and cooling costs are much higher than expected
- Some rooms in your home have uneven heating or cooling
The entire process of ordering and getting my heating and air conditioning could not have been better. After ordering, the units were installed quickly and the installation...